VLC is one of the most popular media players out there because of the fact that it can play various media files with ease and without needing a converter. It works on Android smart phones, tablets, PC, Windows laptops, even on Macbook! Android users usually take advantage of this application because of its good features that are free to install.
Using my Android phone, I’m able to play any media files easily without needing more third-party applications or converters to watch my videos. But lately, I’ve been experiencing a few lags while playing my files. It was bearable the first few seconds, but it ended up being irritating to both eyes and the ears, especially since I really wanted to watch this video smoothly in order to understand it! So I tried some quick solutions like force stopping the VLC Media Player app and restarting my phone, but to no avail. I thought it could be a problem with the video, but upon playing different files, it did the same thing! And trying my video out on another phone had no problem.
How To Fix VLC Media Player Video Lagging Problem in Android Phones:
Turns out, it was my phone’s VLC Media Player app that had a problem. Luckily, I found a solution on how to fix the lagging problem from VLC Media Player on my Android phone. It is simple and easy, just about anyone can do it!
So here is how to fix your VLC Media Player from lagging problems from your Android phone:
- It always starts with restarting your Android phone. Once restarted, try playing the video again. If it works, then great! If VLC Media Player still has a lagging problem, head on to Step 2.
- Go to Apps from Settings. This may be under a different name depending on your Android phone. Once you’re in the Apps section, go to all the installed apps by sliding screen. Then select VLC.
- Clear cache and data then restart your Android phone. Check if the video now works fine.
- If the lagging problem persists, disabling hardware acceleration may be the solution. All you need to do is open VLC Media Player and go to the menu by clicking the three lines on the top left corner of the app.
- Go to Settings. Then tap on Hardware Acceleration. Now, mark disabled. Once done, close the app and restart the phone. Check the videos if it runs smoothly.
- If the VLC Media Player still has a lagging problem, try to update the latest version of the app, or reinstall it.
And there you have it! Hopefully you will now be able to run your videos smoothly without VLC Media Player’s lagging problem. If your videos are still lagging, then it’s best to check another application similar to VLC, or to contact VLC Media Player developers themselves to resolve the problem. But most likely, there will be no more problems with video playing once you try all these solutions. If problem persists and something similar happens on your Android phone’s normal media player, it may be your phone that has a problem and will need to be checked out by the manufacturer.
Thank you have visited this post Fix VLC Media Player Video Lagging Problem in Android. We wish this post can help you to resolve the problem on your devices … 🙂
The source of this post: https://www.xtremerain.com/fix-vlc-player-lagging-problem/