Need to perform a hard reset on your Xbox One? Get in here!
A quick and easy guide detailing the three simplest ways to perform a hard reset on Microsoft’s Xbox One (please note: these methods work on Xbox One, One S, 360).
To Perform A Hard Reset On Your Xbox One
Xbox One Hard Reset Method 1
- Holding the power button down for 10 seconds while the system is on will perform a hard reset.
- The Xbox One Will Switch Off.
- Power on the Xbox One again. You’ll see a green start-up screen.
- All your data is preserved, but the cache will be cleared and settings may reset.
Xbox One Hard Reset Method 2
- With the Xbox One powered on, go to SETTINGS > POWER & STARTUP
- Change POWER MODE from “Instant-On” to “Energy-saving”.
- Select “Turn Xbox off”.
- Turn the Xbox One back on by holding down the GUIDE button on the Xbox controller or the button on the front of the Xbox console.
- Once re-booted go back to SETTINGS > POWER & STARTUP
- Re-enable Instant-on in POWER MODE.
Xbox One Hard Reset Method 3
- Power down the Xbox One.
- Unplug the Xbox One.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug everything back in.
- Power the Xbox One back on.
When To Perform A Hard Reset on Xbox One
There are some scenarios where your Xbox One might have a few problems signing into Xbox Live, specifically when Xbox Live is active – as opposed to offline – which are best addressed by performing a hard reset on the console.
Usually, this problem occurs after a period of Xbox Live service outage or after you’ve installed or updated a game. The result is you can’t sign in to Xbox Live even though the service is up, OR alternatively, you get games hanging on the title screen.
This is when a hard reset is best used. In order to complete one, choose one of the three methods at the top of this page.
Thank you have visited this post 3 Simple Ways To Hard Reset An Xbox One (#1’s The Easiest). We wish this post can help you to resolve the error on your devices … 🙂
The source of this post: https://www.knowyourmobile.com/games-consoles/25176/how-hard-reset-xbox-one