Tips & Tricks/ July 23, 2016/
/ Last Updated: July 24, 2016
It is very common question “How to increase RAM size in android?”. Before knowing it, We should know “Is it possible to increase RAM in android?”. Answer is Yes possible. But not 100. You just can increase Random Access Memory virtually not physically. There are several methods to do it. But, In this article i will show you how you can do it by using a SD card. But, Please keep in mind that if you have not rooted android device, You should not try it. Because all of your efforts will be wasted. So, Is not it possible in a phone or tab which is not rooted? I’ll discuss it in the end of this article.
Image Source: segiempat.com
How to Increase RAM in Android:
Before getting started, We should have these required elements –
Steps to Increase RAM in Android Phone:
Now, We can start procedure –
Step 1: Download and Install Minitool Partition Wizard
First of all, You have to install a partition wizard. I will use Minitool Partition Wizard. Download it from here. There are some other similar software you can use. AOMEI Partition Assistant is one of them. Anyway, After downloading install it.
Step 2: Format SD Card and Recreate Partition
Now, You have to insert the SD card into your PC by USB Card Reader. Then follow these things –
- Open Minitool Partition Wizard.
- In partition manager you will see the SD card drive in Disk 2 section. Just right click on it and Select Delete.
- Now, Right click on the SD card (Unallocated) and choose Create.
- Select File System as FAT32 and set the partition size 1000 MB less then actual size of SD card. I’ve SD card of 7718.73 MB. So, I will set 6718.73 MB. Then click on OK.
- Now, You will have to right click on that 1000 MB unallocated drive and choose create.
- Select the file system as Ext2 and create the partition as Primary.
- Now, Click on Apply. You will find apply button on the top left corner.
- It may take a few seconds to complete the process.
Step 3: Increase RAM Size in Android by SD Card
After doing all of these things, Just safely remove card reader from PC and inserd SD card in your android phone. Then follow these things –
- Download and install Link2SD app from play store.
- Open it. You will be asked for choosing preferred options.
- Select ext2 and tap on OK.
- Now, Link your apps with SD card.
- Then download Swapper for Root and install it.
- Run this app and choose your preferred options like choosing RAM amount.
- After doing it, Your phone will have a swp file which will increase RAM in your android phone.
Can i increase RAM in non-rooted devices?
Answer is No. You cannot do it. But, You can boost your RAM by using several task killers like clean master, AVG Cleaner, CCleaner, Smart RAM Booster etc. These app will free up system memory and speed up your phone / tab performance.
Thank you have visited this post How to Increase RAM in Android Phone and Tablet. I wish this post can be useful for you… 🙂