Fast and efficient as Windows 10 is, it can every now and then throw an error at you for no fault of yours. One such error is related to NVIDIA graphics card. More than one user with NVIDIA graphics chip have complained of encountering installer failed error in Windows 10.
The Error Message
The error message that accompanies this issue is as follows:
NVIDIA Installer Failed
Why does this error occurs is a mystery and many have labeled it is a random error. Nevertheless, solutions listed in this article resolved the error on most cases.
How to Fix NVIDIA Installer Failed Error:
In case you are receiving the error too, try these three steps listed here to get better of this issue.
Every Window version, include Windows 10, comes with a Window Update feature. During the windows 10 upgrade process, the system automatically tries to download as well as install latest drivers for hardware, including graphics card.
This process usually does not take more than 10 minutes. However, sometimes it does. You might get the “NVIDIA Installer Failed” error if you attempt to install the graphics drivers as soon as the upgrading process is complete. Therefore, do not attempt installation of drivers immediately after upgrading to Windows 10; instead wait for about 20 minutes.
Then, restart Windows and perform the steps listed ahead to install the required drivers.
- Click the Custom (Advanced) option in the NVIDIA Installer window
- Click the Next button
- Select the option “Perform a clean installation” and follow onscreen prompts
- Restart windows
The error should be gone when Windows restarts. If it persists, move on to the next step.
It is possible that your antivirus software tool or firewall might be interfering with installation of NVIDIA drivers. Therefore, temporarily turn both off. Next, open the task manager and kill all running processes related to your antivirus tool. Here’s how to do this:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
- Select Task Manager
- Click the Processes tab
- Pressing the CTRL button, select every process related to your antivirus and then click the End Task button
- Restart Windows
- Select the “Perform a clean installation” option in the NVIDIA Installer window
Perform this step in case the last one too didn’t fix the issue. In this step you will need to remove certain files related to NVIDIA installation. To remove these files, you must have administrator’s rights on the pc.
However, first close NVIDIA processes that are still running
- Open the Task Manager window
- Click the Processes tab
- Keeping the CTRL button pressed, select every NVIDIA process that you see
- Click End Task
Once you’ve done that, open the C drive and locate and delete the files listed ahead:
- C:Program Files (x86)NVIDIA Corporation
- C:Program FilesNVIDIA Corporation
- C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepositorynvoclock file
- C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepositorynv_lh file
- C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepositorynvdsp.inf file
Restart Windows and install the NVIDIA drivers now.
As we expect, These steps should resolve NVIDIA installer failed.
Thank you have visited this post How to fix NVIDIA installer failed issue in Windows 10. I wish this post can be useful for you… 🙂